My Ways

This is my story, Not yours!

Nothing but the truth!

Friendship is key!

Amendment #1 baby.

Don't get involved!

SNAP! CRACKLE! POP! but not Ricecrispys! (Recess: Part 1)

Whether I have written about this or not (which I don't think I have) this is by far my favorite story to tell. It will be split into 3 parts cause its SOOO long.

Where: NDPA
When: Sometime in November of 4th grade
Setting: Recess

"Hey Jason watch this"

Those words are what started a seemingly harmless and fun...game I guess you could call it that. Karate!

I look over and Mason G. does some goofy flip that he probably has never done and didn't even think about what he was doing.

Oh it was on!

I walk over to him and I do my flip that I have never done before and didn't even think about what I was doing. WHAT SON! Mine was cooler, naturally.

After those two flips we had some people interested in what we were doing and Javier comes up do me and says "DUDE that was so cool! You did something kinda like this *lame attempt to do what I did in slow motion* It was awesome" I think about these words and say "I'll do it again" I step into the middle of the field and a small group forms around me. Without hesitation I jump and twist in what I had in mind would be the coolest Karate flip EVER! But what came next was unexpected.

You know those moments when you know something bad is going to happen and the whole world slows down and you can see everything WAY more vivid than you want to. Well that's what happened.

I feel like I am hardly moving. There was a small group of girls around me and everything was black. Then I seem to freeze and I am looking at McCall. I can see pretty much every detail about her (though I can't remember). I go into total blackness and move inches. Suddenly I am looking at another girl (which I forgot what girl) and again I can see everything in amazing detail. Again the black overwhelms me and I rotate a little more. Next thing I see is Dusty Taylor and again in amazing detail. The thing I remember about Dusty was her "OH ****" Face and at that point I knew this wasn't going to end well. Again black, again rotate, and again light. McKenna Watts. Oh Mckenna Watts. EVERY guy (me included) had a crush on her. It was the simple fact that she was WAY nice to everyone and she was WAY beautiful. She had kinda a blank look and she was wearing a white top with khaki Capri's (we had a dress code at this school). Those brief milliseconds in real time seemed to last minutes in my Slow Motion time.

Sadly the blackness consumes me once again.

At this point I realize that the next thing I see wont be very good, and it wasn't. I can see one last thing and that is my arm fully extended to the ground and me falling towards it. My last bit of blackness and...

SNAP! CRACKLE! POP! but it wasn't Ricecrispys...'t'was my left forearm.

The snap was SO loud it seemed like someone fired a gun.

At that point I think "OH CRAP. This is gunna hurt".

Once I regain somewhat conciseness I get hit with the worst wave of pain my little chubby 4th grade body has ever had!

All the girls have sick horde faces on and I look down and see that my arm is in a total Z shape! Z! Not I like normal or L like when it is normally bent but a Z!!!

My thought was "AHHH I DISLOCATED IT!"...but you can't dislocate something in the middle of your forearm. But me being the dumb little kid I was tried pushing on it...BAD BAD BAD IDEA! Ya that hurt!

I run to the outside duty...well as good of a run I could manage...it was kinda slow and all over the place, but when I reach her she looked as if she had just seen a ghost! Ya my arm was bad!

"Let me run you to the office!

No comments:

Post a Comment