My Ways

This is my story, Not yours!

Nothing but the truth!

Friendship is key!

Amendment #1 baby.

Don't get involved!

Houston. We have a problem!

This is one of those spirit growing experiences...and an odd way of growing my spirit.

Probably the best part of 9th grade Earth Systems class (science for those of you who can't figure it out) is making a rocket and launching it. I had been looking forward to it all year and was WAY excited to do it.

So the time in class to work on it was really fun. Messing around, telling jokes, talking with everyone, and making fun of people's crappy workmanship...which mine was pretty bad too. So for 3 days we worked on them.

Finally the day comes to launch em. My red and black "Tebbs 1" is ready to go. Taped up with Scotch tape and a parachute made out of a Target bag this thing was epic! Erica's fins broke off and she taped em back on...not the best tape work I've seen, but it worked.

So I run out there so I can be first to launch mine off but I soon realized there were 4 launch pads and only 1 launch remote and I put mine on the 4th in Que...great. So Mason's flies WAY over to the elementary soccer fields (which is a pretty far distance if you don't know how the land is set up) and everyone wants theirs to be just as good. Well after a couple of failures it's finally my turn.

THREE...TWO...ONE...BLASTOFF!!!! Blastoff....blast-off?

DANG IT!

My rocket failed to launch.

"Make sure everything is working"...Thanks Cobia...like I didn't try that the first time.

A few adjustments and I'm ready....for a dud again.

New fuse...dud

Adjustments...dud

Different remote...dud

New fuse...dud

Everything you could possibly thing of changing and adjusting, I did.

Well every other rocket had launched and mine has been grounded this whole time. One last adjustment and then Cobia said I had to go in whether it launched or not.

"OK if it doesn't launch this time I am going to blow up"

"Dude I set it up for you. It will fly"

"But if it doesn't I am blaming you"

THREE...TWO...ONE...BLASTOFF!!!...DANG IT!

"Dang it Mason you messed up again!"

I said the quickest prayer I could say...sadly it had no official Opening, thanking, blessing, and closing...it was just "Dear lord please bless this will launch" and I am doing this all while Mason says "Just press it again"

I throw out a quick "amen" and press the button.

BLASTOFF!!! WOO! That thing flew beautiful ans strait!

Right then I yell "THANK THE LORD!" (not meaning to say his name in Vain at all but an actual "thank you")

Just then the clouds clear and the sun comes out.

Everyone noticed the sun that seemed to shine strait down on me.

I run after my rocket happier than a little boy on Christmas. I bring it back and most everyone had gone in by then. Cobia said some joke that I didn't catch and I walk away happy.

First to Que, last to fly.

I honestly don't think it would have gone if I didn't say that prayer, because once I said my somewhat amen it launched.

Peace out Girl-Scout!

Love you!

2 comments:

  1. That story exemplifies all the reasons I love you!!!!!!! Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally awesome!

    ReplyDelete