My Ways

This is my story, Not yours!

Nothing but the truth!

Friendship is key!

Amendment #1 baby.

Don't get involved!

Don't hate on us.

It pisses me off when people say that World of Warcraft players have no life. You wouldn't say that to someone who is ALWAYS playing basketball, or ALWAYS playing football. No admit it you wouldn't. But just think. I play WoW lets say 2-3 hours a day, ok you say I have no life playing a video game, but yet someone who is playing basketball 2-3 hours a day has more of a life than me? We are both devoting the same amount of time to something we want to get better at. So how does he have more of a life than I do? Sure I'm sitting at a computer with really no one, but he may be just shooting hoops or practicing free throws and probably alone. Maybe he has people with him, but though I don't know the people I'm playing with they are still people. We interact, tell jokes, make fun of people, and hang out.

Ok now if you go on to Youtube you can see times when a guild master freaks out after a raid wipe. And all the coments are like "omg you have no life get laid". But think of the guild master as the coach of a football team. If you don't do what the coach tells you to do you loose the game, and then the coach gets mad for doing something wrong. We have all seen a coach yell at players and no one has gone "omg you have no life get laid" to him. But when it comes to coaching a video game that aparently has a whole new meaning, but it doesn't! We are like sports players, but World of Warcraft is our sport. And our guild is our team. You get to know the people on your team and end up liking them and once you or they leave you do end up missing them, because you have been playing your sport together and having a good time.

So WoW is our sport, and simple dungeons and such are our practices, then when we go into a raid that is the our game. Its just like basketball. So if your going to say we have no lives you might as well say MJ had no life eather. He worked his guts out to play basketball. Training, practices, hours upon hours of just getting better at basketball. Ya sure that was his career but the same concept aplies to us. We will spend hours upon hours at our sport. And the guys I used to play with had jobs, families, did sports, coached sports, and had the motto "Life First". And yes when we went into a raid and wiped our guild master got pretty mad at us, but its just like a coach getting mad at his players.

So don't tell me WoW players have no lives, cause I have one, and I have played with multiple people that put "Life First". We do have lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment